AMY-5M is the smallest standalone GPS receiver module in the industry. This fully tested ROM-based solution features the high performance u-blox 5 positioning engine and has been specifically developed for easy implementation. AMY-5M is fully autonomous and requires no host integration, facilitating an extremely short time-to-market.
AMY-5M offers four different serial interfaces. The receiver features an integrated GPS crystal, providing fast acquisition and excellent tracking performance at a competitive price. In addition, AMY-5M can be assembled on a 2-layer PCB, which saves production costs.
AMY-5M is so small that it can be integrated into the smallest portable devices. Advanced jamming suppression mechanisms and innovative RF architecture ensure maximum performance even in hostile signal environments.
- Industry’s smallest GPS receiver module: 6.5 x 8 x 1.2 mm
- Operates at 1.8 V and 3.0 V
- Use ROM and crystal (instead of a TCXO) to keep cost at a minimum
- No additional components (only GPS antenna is required)
- No host integration required
- 50-channel u-blox 5 engine with over 1 million effective correlators
- Under 1 second Time-To-First-Fix for Hot and Aided Starts
- SuperSense® Indoor GPS: -160 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Supports AssistNow Online and AssistNow Offline A-GPS services; OMA SUPL compliant
- Supports SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Simple integration with u-blox wireless modules
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85°C
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- AMY-5M Product Summary
- AMY-5M Data Sheet
- AMY-5M Hardware Integration Manual
- u-blox 5 Receiver Description and Protocol Specification
- Additional documentation and resources